Structure
- Archives
- Catalogues
- Ecclesiastical Parish Records
- 165969
- This record
File of miscellaneous documents relating to the parish, collected together for reference, possibly by the Secretary to the Parochial Church Council Includes: Income and expenditure accounts of the church for the years ended 31 December 1922; 1936; 1958 – 1959; 1963 – 1964 Lists of members of the Parochial Church Council, 1956; 1958 Minutes of the Parochial Church Council, 2 April 1957; 3 May 1965 Parochial returns for the years ended 31 December 1962; 1966 Correspondence between Rev. W. Kerby, St. Mark’s Vicarage, Hylton Road, Sunderland, and The Church Army, 55 Bryanston Street, Marble Arch, London, concerning an agreement to engage a Church Army evangelist, 7 July – 26 August 1953 List of duties of the church caretaker, n.d. 1950s Correspondence between the vicar of Ayres Quay, St. Stephen; Steel, Maitland & Byers, solicitors, Sunderland; John & William James Robinson (later Crutes), solicitors, 35 West Sunniside, Sunderland; Charity Commission, Ryder Street, St. James’s, London; Diocesan Office, The College, Durham; Ranson, Davison & Booth, solicitors, 21 John Street, Sunderland, and the vicar of Millfield, St. Mark, 5 Valebrook Terrace, Sunderland, concerning the Saunders Liddle Charity, bequests and donations from residents of the parish to St. Mark’s or its predecessor, St. Stephen’s, 10 May 1918 – 4 June 1986 Agreement between the parish and the County Borough of Sunderland for the use of St. Mark’s Church Hall as a maternity and child welfare centre, 29 April 1957 Correspondence between Diocesan Office, The College, Durham; the vicar of St. Mark’s, St. Mark’s Vicarage, Hylton Road, Sunderland, and D.E. Sanderson, Secretary to the Parochial Church Council, 19 Westerham Close, Witherwack, Sunderland, concerning the management of the church hall, 14 January 1965 – 25 November 1981 Copy conveyance by Sunderland County Borough to the parish of Millfield, St. Mark of 630 sq. yds. of land on the north side of Lily Street, Millfield, on which to erect a church hall, n.d. 1960s Correspondence between the vicar of St. Mark’s, St. Mark’s Vicarage, Sunderland; River Wear Commission, Sunderland and Trewhitt, Clarke & Robson, solicitors, 25 John Street, Sunderland, concerning a mortgage, 22 December 1922 – 8 September 1924 Correspondence between Ecclesiastical Commission, 10 Whitehall Place, London; the vicar of St. Mark’s, St. Mark’s Vicarage, Millfield, Sunderland; The Bishop of Durham, Auckland Castle, Bishop Auckland; Smiths, Gore & Co., chartered surveyors and land agents, 7 Little College Street, Westminster; Trebon Manufacturing Co. Ltd., St. Mark’s Works, Sunderland; Wilson & Co., 5 North Bailey, Durham; H.E. Ferens & Son, solicitors, 38 Saddler Street, Durham; County Borough of Sunderland, Town Hall, Sunderland; D.E. Sanderson, 19 Westerham Close, Witherwack, Sunderland; T. Cowie, Millfield House, Sunderland, and G.E. Walker, 38 Hawarden Crescent, Sunderland, concerning the management of a piece of land adjoining the site of St. Mark’s Sunday School; a building in Hylton Road and land to the south of the main church hall, including a copy of a lease of the land adjoining the church hall, to Associated Dairies and Farm Stores Ltd., 12 December 1881 – 24 March 1981 Correspondence between Rev. A.R.G. Pugh, The Vicarage, St. Mark’s Road, Sunderland, and C. Garnsworthy, 3 Ettrick Grove, Sunderland, concerning the Sunderland (New Estates) Church Building Fund, 5 February 1959 – 14 October 1961 Sketch of a proposed fence at the church, n.d. 1950s, no scale Sketch plan of a proposed extension to Craven Dairies Ltd., n.d. 1950s, Scale 1/4 inch to 1 foot 1:48 Newspaper cuttings concerning events in the parish, 27 August 1878 – 27 April 1984 – From:
| ref no. | EP/Su.SM 134 | ||||||||||
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Notes | 1 file | ||||||||||
| Date | 1868, 2020 | ||||||||||
| Era | 21st Century (2001 to 2100), Victorian (1837 to 1901) | ||||||||||
| Tags | Expand
|
Terms
| Term | Description |
|---|